The world is changing, and we’re all feeling it. As our environmental footprint continues to grow we need to continue to make little changes in our daily lives to be more eco-friendly. Every little bit counts! You may have seen quick tips that we’ve been posting on our social media pages, here we explain some more in-depth and offer more tips for you to follow! Here are some easy ways you can start being more eco friendly:
1. Use energy saving light bulbs where you can.
Light bulbs are the second biggest energy drain in your home, so be sure to save on your electric bill by swapping out your old light bulbs for energy saving options.
2. Use reusable, eco friendly bags for shopping.
One of the easiest ways to be more eco-friendly is by using reusable bags for shopping. These bags are made from recycled materials and can hold more than a single use. You can get these anywhere, including grocery stores or even online! They come in all shapes and sizes, so you’re sure to find one that fits your needs perfectly.
3. Give up bottled water for a water bottle you can reuse over and over again.
Rather than buying plastic bottled water, consider using a reusable water bottle. These can be washed and reused over and over again.
You can also bring your own reusable coffee mug with you instead of using the disposable ones.
This is something we can help you with! And we can even personalise them for you!
4. Eat locally sourced food.
Support your local farmers and shops by eating the freshest fruits and vegetables. Locally sourced food is more environmentally friendly because it doesn’t need to be transported long distances from its original location. You can also try growing your own! Some crops that grow well in containers include tomatoes, squash, peppers and herbs like basil or cilantro.
Being eco-friendly doesn’t mean making huge life changes, even small changes add up to make a difference when it comes to helping the environment!
- Do you leave your appliances on standby? It takes an astounding amount of energy to keep things such as your TV or computer running all day. Even if you’re not using them, they’re still consuming electricity. So turn them off to save!
- Recycling is important, but what about reusing? Instead of buying new products, try looking for secondhand stores; or go through your household items and see what you can use first before buying new ones.
We hope that this post has given you some great ideas for how to be more eco friendly. We know it’s not easy to make big changes all at once, but if you take one thing from this article and implement it into your life we promise it’ll help you on your sustainability journey!
If there is anything else we could have included in this article please let us know in the comments below or on our social media pages!